Monday, October 13, 2008

Monotone Card

I got my 1st GIANT Floral stamp last week and Wow...it is really a HUGE STAMP! So i decided to play with it! I tried few versions of cards but it didn't come out nice :( So i set a goal - MONOTONE, and play with tone of 1 colour for this card :)

I stamp this to a Ruby Red card stock with Versa Mark and add on clear embossing powder and embossed it with heat tool. Again, i stamp the image of Floral with Bravo Burgundy colour onto a Vanilla card stock. Cut it out and paste on a Chocolate chip card as base - and another layer of Vanilla Card Stock. Finally, i stamp on "Say it with Scallop" using Bravo Burgundy as well and Tadah.... here comes the card.

I tried out Black colour (grey scale) and i really love it.



black
Stamps: Say it with Scallope: Stampin Up; Floral: Stampin Up
Card stocks: Basic Black: Stampin Up; Basic Grey: Stampin Up
Inks: Basic Black: Stampin Up
Punch: Scallop Square
Others: Versa Mark; Clear Emboss powder; Heat tool, sewing machine

"Red"
Stamps: Say it with Scallope: Stampin Up; Floral: Stampin Up
Card stocks: Ruby Red: Stampin Up; Chocolate Chip: Stampin Up
Inks: Bravo Burgundy: Stampin Up
Punch: Scallop Square
Others: Versa Mark; Clear Emboss powder; Heat tool, sewing machine


Guess what, I am in-charged of a brand new quilt donation for poor project in my church (for 4 weeks) and in order to raise funds, i brought 35 cards that i made and sell it during the fund collections - and all the money collected will be donated to this project. I was so happy that the cards gone in 2-3 mins!!! Even my friend who was with me get shocked to see this! I hope is because my card is beautiful :p but not because of it is cheap :p Well, some asking me if i am going to bring more cards next week :)

Time to work.. again :) Life being too busy - i hope i have more time to do more cards. I miss making cards....

4 comments:

Juanita said...

I love both of these! You are amazing, you have such skill.
I am glad to hear that your cards sold fast. I hope your charity goes well.

Erica said...

Hi Marlene, Thanks so much for adding me to your blogroll. I'm honored. Your work is beautiful. You sold your cards so fast at the church event, because they are gorgeous. I especially love the BG stamp you used today. I will be definitely casing at least 2 or 3. I posted a card today. Unfortunately, I don't have nearly enough time to blog. So from now on, it will be less words about me and instead, I'll post cards.
Have a great weekend.
Erica

Macchiato Gurl said...

walau eh, even monotone you can also make so attractive. love em all. .. jia you oh~~~.. btw, thanks for the compliments in my blog :D

Beate said...

Fantastic cards. They are absolutely beautiful!
Hugs and smiles