Friday, October 31, 2008

When the West meets the East...

Marilynn from my church sent me an email and ask for help to make a card with Red Packet! Well, it is a culture in China country - when a couple get married - you have to give Red Packet (of what we called ANG BAO) with some money inside :)

She didn't give me the detail of the couple but i assumed they are christian :p - so i made a "White + joyful" card with envelope cutting which could insert an ANG PAO in this card. I used eyelet to make 2 holes in order to tie a lime "string" and to "'LOCK" the card...ya, to avoid the ANG PAO dropping!

Aha~ I got almost everything in this card from China. The ribbon, the button, the string and the eyelet. The paper (just a small loose piece i have) is from American Crafy and the Stamp "Happiness" is from SU :)




3 comments:

Juanita said...

That is a beautiful card. I love how you 'locked' the card.

Marlene Lo said...

Juanita,
thanks for your encouragement :) I feel so motivated!

However, i will be traveling (for work) for 3 weeks and would not be able to make cards :( feel so sad about this....

maddy hill said...

what a lovely tradition and you have made a fantasic make for it ! Love the fact its locked too ! Very clever ! love the colours Marlene.