Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My first Starbucks mug

Argggggg! Today is not my day! The design project that i did for the past week gone in a sec! The orignanl and backup file corrupted at the same time! Arg..... i have to redo everything. Arg... I am not I going to do that now! I want a cup of starbuck coffee!

When you earn USD and spend USD, it seems reasonable for you to spend 5USD in a cup of starbucks coffee. But when I am earning Chinese RMB, it is "heart pain" to spend 35 RMB for a cup of latte. I only drink starbucks (well, there is one right opposite my office) when i am stress of i feel like reward myself :) Fun huh :p

I think i never tell any of my friends that i actually wish to have a Starbucks mug. I love the Christmas series but i found it expensive and it seems not worth it. 80 RMB for a mug is really expensive when i can spend 5 RMB for a simple pure white mug :) However, everytime i go to starbucks, i will have a look at the mug - wow new design... wow- nice design... wow - expensive design :p

However, I think God saw my broken heart and He sent me a Starbuck's christmas mug through my church young + energetic pastor - Jason. Jason is a good brother of mine who has a pretty wife (both serve as full time pastor in church) and he is very talented in music and actively involve in youth ministry. When i received the parcel, I heard the sound of broken mug but i am still excited to open and read the small notes from Jason. I spent sometime glued the mug and well - i still very happy and touched for my 1st Starbuck mug :) I truly treasure it! Thanks Jason, you made my day!



Someone said this to me: it is broken. Throw it away - it might hurt your hands one day.



I told her: This is my first starbucks mug - i will not throw it away. I will treasure it and pray for the family who sent me this mug from Malaysia.

Arggg... i found my skill is bad in joinning them back :p

4 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

I'm with you...because the mug was a warm gesture, that alone would make me want to keep it. Just think how broken our lives our, crumbling and disjointed, yet God is able to mend and completely heal them. Thankfully, He does a better fixing job than you. ;)

Unknown said...

thanks for treasure it. next season will buy you a new one. will DHL express..huh

Juanita said...

You have the most incredible people in your life! You are so lucky to be so loved.
I am glad you saved the mug by glueing it together.
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

how cute that you put it together! i think i would have that the same thing, a very sentimental person! hehehe