Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's my birthday today...

It is my birthday today. Yes,... it is:) Happy Birthday, Marlene : )

I am alone at this moment, reading bible, praying, listening to music, meditation, answering calls.... Although this is what I hope to have today, but out of sudden I feel very lonely... Perhaps most of my friends are in Beijing...

One thing i feel sad - I didn't even manage to do what I promised myself today - that is to treat myself a Starbucks Iced Blended Mocha :( I spent most of my time "working" today and ya.. i will do something good to myself tonight :)

K....

I want to say a simple prayer for my family and friends.

"God... I just want to give thanks for You are good. Thank you for my family and friends who love me and care 4me. Thank you Lord for created me. Bless them and protect them. In your name i pray, Amen."

Sharing some photos with you - who visited my blog


Days before my birthday....
Celebrated with my good friends - Wan Yeen, Kam Hoe, Stella, ...



Yummy Awfully Chocolate cake



On Saturday - we went for massage and Hee Zee + wan kit bought me dinner in advance :)


Celebrated with Wing on sunday afternoon @ Grandma's Kitchen


Celebrated with my gangs - Wan Yeen, Kam Hoe, (again) Wan Kit, Wing and June @ Hot pot center on sunday evening



Wan Yeen is currently my best friend @ Beijing



Yummy Fapai Cake


Celebrated with my Shanghai staff this afternoon (away from Beijing on my birthday) and Singapore friends with yummy blueberry cake :)





Oh my staff from malaysia recorded this for me. :) So CUTE!



My staff from Beijing designed a t-shirt and posted to me @ Shanghai. I am very happy for this present :)



Oops: I sent 2 bunches of flower to my dad and my mum. I used to say THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU to them on my birthday! Without them - there will be no Marlene :) Dad was excited to received RED ROSE this year :) Dad used his mobile to take this photo and MMS me :) Thank you Jason for making this happen :)






... ... ... 7 November 2008....

My good friend Wan Yeen called and confessed: She forgot it was my birthday yesterday! Ok Ok i forgive her although i feel little bit disappointed :)

Christine knew i failed to get myself a Starbuck's Ice blended mocha and she ordered the normal mocha from a coffee shop nearby our office. She printed the Starbucks logo on it and gave to me as a surprise. My tears almost drop that time - cause
i can feel the love given by her. Thanks Christine :) It is not easy to get a simple Starbucks coffee nearby our working place. The nearest will be 20KM from our office :) can you imagine how far we stayed?



Jon chiew treated me dinner as a belated birthday celebration. He is one of my good friends in Beijing. He is fun and humour. He treated us japanese food. Sara, Kenny joint us as well! It was great.





I think that's all the celebrations. Should end now. Time for bed - more works to do tomorrow although it is a saturday. Marlene, God will bless you and lead you in all you do. Amen :)

6 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

31? You are obviously surrounded by fun loving friends. Giving flowers to your parents is so sweet. Have a great birthday Marlene!!

Macchiato Gurl said...

wow.... seems like your birthday is on for a week instead of a day yea... God Bless your 31st year. May your life continue to enrich other's. and great idea bout the flowers for your parents. I'm gonna do it next year! haha.. thanks for the inspiration.

Marlene Lo said...

Aiyo... how come you know is 31st? :p been trying to hide the age :p

Kirsten Alicia said...

Happy birthday Marlene, glad you had a wonderful day. That chocolate cake looks delicious! Kirsten.

Juanita said...

Sorry to wish you such a late Happy Birthday. You look like you have a lot of people around you that love you. I hope you had a great birthday.
God Bless you as you start a new year!

Kurtis said...

Happy Birthday Marlene!!

Sorry that I haven't been commenting on your blog. :( I've been really busy working this past week and wasn't on my computer very much. All of your recent projects are adorable!!

-Kurtis