Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A gift for Maggie

My friend of mine - Maggie - is leaving us for good this Thursday. Last night i was thinking of making her a card - but i ended up made a "customised" bookmark with her name on it - MAGGIE. I used cross stitch to make this bookmark and using the colours of Red and Orange (she said Red is her favourite). After 40 mins, i completed this bookmark and decided to make a nice packaging for it rather than wrap with a simple wrapping paper. I used 10 mins to mix and match and here comes the simple way of wrapping the gift with matching colour paper. I used tracing paper - to give the effect of see through the gift.



I am quite happy that i could complete all these in 1 hour time. I thank God that i still manage to reach office ontime although i slept late last night. I will meet Maggie for dinner tonight. I hope she likes my gift.

5 comments:

Kurtis said...

Oh this is so pretty! And the tracing paper is the perfect touch!

Carin said...

Very nice... love that color combination too!

Donna Baker said...

what a precious gift, I'm sure it will bring Maggie to tears, so thoughtful of you

Sharon in NE said...

That is something she will always use and cherish. Very special.

Marlene Lo said...

Hei,
i gave this to Maggie today! She loves it. She said - she needs bookmark - cause she loves to read! i feel so happy :) Thanks for all the encouragement!