Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Card making group @ my cbd church

I am kind of nervous as cause I will lead the first card making group in my church this Saturday. Well, I am not sure who is coming, but I pray that this session going to bring everyone together, build better relationship and use the skill to bless others! I won't be "teaching", I will just lead :)

I plan to set a theme - THANK YOU CARD - and start with a simple sketch of layout and let them explore by themselves. I never lead a group yet (exce
pt my colleagues - which is for FUN), that's why kind of nervous :) This is the sketch that i can think of (the most basic layout i think). Is this a good way to do it this way? Any suggestions?

I really want to say THANK YOU to Liza as she is a very nice and kind lady - who always use her skill to bless others. She is an inspiration to me.

This is the little invitation card i sent to them in this church. The card i used - is a card i learn from Liza - that is why i would love to use this card as an invitation to everyone.



6 comments:

Kurtis said...

I think those layouts would work perfect for beginners and your style is so clean and crisp that everyone should be able to follow along easily.

Good luck on your class!!

Donna Baker said...

awesome layouts, what a fun event -I bet everyone will have a great time & you will do wonderfully leading them! I gave you an award on my blog today - please check it out.
I Love Your Blog

Marlene Lo said...

Kurtis - your advise is always encouraging! Since you said OK, i will just GO FOR IT :) I just want to say THANK YOU VERY MUCH for dropping by always! I will pray hard and ya.. Good luck on my class :)

Donna, Thanks for this "award". I feel so happy and "proud" cause i am really new in blogging. Well, i added the logo into my blog! And i will nominate other's blog tomorrow as well! I have a list in hands that i will surely visit everyday :)

Although it is late now.. but i will spend some time (probably 1 hour) to try out the stamps from SU given by Liza to the church. They seems just match my layout for this week (mostly with scallop shape!)

HURRAY! Time to make cards!

Card Kitchen said...

What an honor to be mentioned in your blog. I love visiting every day and check if you have posted new designs! I am so excited with your card making and see your style develops. Keep up the good work on blessing others with your skill!

Savitri said...

Oh, this is just wonderful! I wish I can come!!! Have fun!!! You will be an AWESOME leader!!!

Erica said...

I have added your blog to my list Marlene. I really enjoy your sophisticated simple style. Your idea sketch is simple and I think a real turn-on for newbies. Have fun. I hope to do this for my church very soon too.

Re;mber to have fun.