Friday, August 08, 2008

How i started cards making?

Wow, i received quite a few of encouragements and i wanna say THANK YOU! Well, i decided to show you my 1st creation, which i think... i hide it under table :p Well, some i sent to my friends :)

Middle of May, the time when i get my first sc
allop and round punch from Liza, i decided to make card that night. I printed out the names of my friends and punch it out to stick on my card. I totally forgot what paper i used - i just try to search from the paper that i got from my friend, and mix and match. With limited tools, this is my first creation! Ah...it is quite disappointing... so i decided not to make cards after that...

Early June, when i realized i am running our of birthday card for my friends. So i took out my tools and started to make cards for my friends. I told myself - i am going to make few cards. Well,... this is the outcome.


I realized i have to post out 10 cards in June for my friends' birthday and i don't have enough at this moment, so i made another men's card.


After that i keep all my tools.

One day, a friend called from Malaysia and said - he likes the card i made. He encouraged me to make more to bless others. This is the time... the "spark" of card making started :)

The journey begins....

17 comments:

kerri said...

Wow Marlene Gorgeous cards
you are very clever
putting you straight into my favorites.

Becky said...

These are beautiful!
www.hemidemisemiquaver.wordpress.com

Savitri said...

Even your first ones are wonderful. I am too ashamed to show you mine... if I still have them :) I started stamping a long while ago but didn't get into it until this year. I was just very off and on then. I'm so glad you decided that you love doing it and starting this blog to share. Do you already have an account at splitcoaststampers.com? You should!

Savitri - www.scrapbit.com

Unknown said...

the cards was so beautiful...
i'm so proud can receive one of them...
keep it up...
i'll come to this blog to know more when i free...
i also want to learn leh...

Anonymous said...

Your card designs are so fun and colorful! Wonderful! Thank you for sharing your creations!

Sharon in NE said...

Your cards are bright and cheerful! Nice work.

Angie Tieman said...

Love your stuff!! YOu do awesome work, TFS!

Unknown said...

Wow... very beautiful card.
Thanks to get the card.It really let me feel energy when look at that.Is a warm wish that i receive at this moment.Thanks a lot.
Keep going!!

Unknown said...

Wow... very beautiful card.
Thanks to get the card.It really let me feel energy when look at that.Is a warm wish that i receive at this moment.Thanks a lot.
Keep going!!

Sharlene said...

i'm speechless. those card are gorgeous and way prettier than what i can do now, after 6 years of stamping....

StampinCathy said...

WOW your cards are awesome. I just can't believe you just started doing this. It looks like you are truly a natural and I'm sure you have to be hooked. Keep up your creative and inspiring cards.

Kurtis said...

You have such a wonderful eye for color and visual placement! I especially like those men cards!

-Kurtis
(stampinkub.com)

Donna Baker said...

wow your cards are wonderful, your photographs clear & bright. Looks like God is using your talents to touch other's lives - you are a sweet woman! Keep up the work of spreading blessings to those around you.

chinamomxtwo said...

your cards are beautiful!! You obviously have an eye for color and balance, being a designer. I went to the aussino web site and LOVE the designs and fabrics!! I want some!! but couldn't find a web store in the U.S. that sells it.....know of any?
keep up the great work--am definately adding you to my favorites!

Marlene Lo said...

Hei, chinamomxtwo

The stocks carry by USA is different from the website you seen. However, you can call STEVE at Aussino USA, (212) 213-8838 for further information! :) I hope you could get this message.

Everyone.. Thanks for the comment. I hope i can do better :)

chinamomxtwo said...

Thank you Marlene! :)

Ciyou said...

your cards looks cool~~ should keep it up~~