Friday, January 23, 2009

Chinese new year Last preparation

I was busy cleaning the house with my family for the past few days. I took a day off just to help them do the major cleaning after my medical check up (no worry about this - medical check up is a must at least once a year). I will shoot some photos of my current home with the handmae decoration after i complete them :) The old house @ my hometown is huge - that's why it is not easy to decorate. Cleaning took ages :p and the house if full of parents collections: chinese vase.

I made some ang pao for mama. Brought 4 punches home + some papers + some ink pad to "survive" :) and here comes my angpao. I made 20 in total and I know, this is enough :) Mum has 100++ nice printed ang pao from bank, companies etc. So, these 20 is going to be for someone really special :)

I saw a small piece of left over wallpaper from sister's old house and it just happened to be one of my favourite type of design. So i took it and made 2 cards from this.
Oh, i am going to use my punch and create more flowers to decorate my place :)

Time to continue with work. Although I am home, but I still have to work from home :)

8 comments:

Macchiato Gurl said...

wow..... nice card!... very 'ye' oo.... hehehe

Sl3epYbOnG said...

喜欢你特制的“ang pao”
cool.......

Carin said...

Very pretty... wow 6 weeks... that is a long time... Happy New Year... one question what is ang pao? Just curious.

Juanita said...

Happy New Yer to you and your family. More amazing creations, I love the wallpaper card

Marlene Lo said...

Carin, Ang Pao is the red packet for chinese people to put in money to give to those young adults of kids who aren't married yet :) Well, is a tradition to do so - as the RED (ang means red) is something good - and chase the bad away :p however, as christian, we don't believe in this - but we remain this cause this is something fun! If the chinese family not giving ang pao away, kids will be sad to visit your house during chinese new year :)

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hi Marlene, the card & Ang Pao are lovely. A very happy new year to you & your family, I hope you have a wonderful celebration. Kirsten.

iansalang said...

thanks for sharing with me this evening! Your work is awesome Marlene! Truly using God's gift to the fullest!

iansalang said...

Thanks for sharing about your work and passion! Was great seeing your work. It's awesome!