Saturday, October 10, 2009

My CD Calendar 2010

I left very very few of the acrylic stands that i used for my 1st 2010 calendar. In order to have more calendars as Christmas gifts for my friends, I came out with this CD Calendar design. Miri is a small town and it is not possible for me to get the acrylic stands but at least it is not too hard to get this Old version of CD casing. This kind of casing is almost "extinct" in Miri though :) (I found it @ Parkson. Yay!)
This calendar involves printing and stamping ONLY. No stitches, no punches, no embossing at all :) Simple i would say :) I hope my friends will like it :) I am going to send out the 1st calendar by monday.

Front
Side
Back
The designs





There is a chinese says: 曾经沧海难为水,除却巫山不是云. It means, when you have seen the best, the rest are nothing in your eyes. I think I compared my 1st calendar with this CD casing and I have to say, I still prefer my 1st calendar :) However, the time spent in making this calendar is only 10% compared to the time that i spent in my 1st calendar. Even the cost is different :) No wonder there is a big difference between them :) 一分钱一分货。

5 comments:

Carey said...

I love it and of course all of the SU stamps. You have given me a great deal of inspiration. Thanks.

Carey
pedstamper at sbc global dot net

jill said...

It's a different style from your 1st calendar... this is classy and 'calm' :) It's nice! :D

Liza Yon said...

i love this one, too Marlene. Maybe I will sit down and do the same this year :) You gotta come here first!!

Savitri said...

Girl, this is GORGEOUS!!! WOW, love what you did here. So beautiful!!!

Carin said...

That is a great calendar... like the idea... thanks!