Monday, August 10, 2009

Starbucks AGAIN :)


God is so good to me today.

After met my client @ Bintang Miri
Presented my ideas
I decided to go lepak @ Popoular

Get a book
Get a coffee
Relax
Read
Write letter
(sounds familiar.... )
and hang around @ Starbucks before the Bakun MT meeting tonight at 730pm.

I stepped into Popular Bookstore
and went directly to the Religious section
I told myself - How about Max Lucado this time
Or John Ortberg?

I saw this book by Max Lucado - which looks new to me
and I read the subtitle (ya, i didn't read the title first)
Common People in the Hands of An Uncommon God

This sounds interesting to me!
I am a very very common people
and I am in the Hands of an Uncommon God!!!!

Flip back... it was written...
-----------
Common People
Story after story marked by scandal, stumble, and intrigue. Who are these people?
They are the people of the Bible.
And they are us. We find our stories in theirs.
We find our hope where they found theirs.
In the Hands of an Uncommon God.

If God can find a place for them...
He just might have a place for us too.
--------

OK. Deal. Grab this and go.

Ops, saw another book of ML which cost 19.90USD but wait...
it costs only 25 Ringgit in this bookstore?? (Approx 6USD)
And it is a devotional Bible?
Ok
No doubt.
It is for me.
Grab it.

Stepped in Starbucks.
Ordered a drink
Realised - i deserved a free drink today due to the stamps i collected past weeks.

Woohoo!
Thank you Lord!

Time for letter.
Time for book.
Time for you God.

Chao!

p/s: Hm.. where is the Starbucks Leng Chai :p hee hee

5 comments:

wahlau said...

I read one of the Ortberg book and i liked it very much. Which one you plan to get?

Save on Starbucks, then the money can be used for more books :)

Marlene Lo said...

I have 3
The Life you've always wanted
When the Game Is Over It All Goes Back in the Box
If You Want to Walk on Water You ve Got to Get Out of the Boat

Anymore by him?
Byron (my church pastor) intro these to me de :D

wahlau said...

got a few more: you can check at amazon.com...

i only read the first one... how is the 2nd and 3rd? content wise same or not? plan to get new ones too :)

Rachfaith said...

I see Caramel Machiato!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't read any books lately...prayed for the assignments to be gone! *snap fingers*
still there....T_T

Juanita said...

What a great day!
That book looks like a good read, enjoy it.